Welcome to the Friends of Mercenfeld Page.
We are a group of parents and Grandparents who hold events to raise money for the school. The money we raise goes towards enhancing every child at Mercenfeld education. Over the past 4 years we have donated over £9000 to the school. We have raised the money through various events such as discos, spring and summer fetes, non-uniform days and pop up shops.
With FOM money the school has purchased kindles, I-pads, Chrome books, WIFI, math’s games, helped with the cost of the scooter rack and supply year 6 yearbooks.
We are always looking for new members. Many people think that joining the FOM means lots of work. It doesn’t have to. If you choose to join you decide on your time commitment. We usually meet once every half term either at school or a local pub and organise the events. New people means new ideas!
We raised an amazing £555 at the Hallowe’en Disco. Thank you so much for your continued support.
Thursday 30th November 2017
3.15 to 5.30pm
Come and join the fun and meet Santa in his Grotto at the Mercenfeld Christmas Market
Thursday 11th January 2018 7.30pm at
Please come along and join us to find out what we are all about. Alternatively, contact us by email at
or via our Facebook page.
Our committee members are:
- Chair: Vicki Robson-York
- Vice Chair: Tracy Jesson
- Treasurer: Nirmala Kuhnbaum
- Secretary/Publicity/Admin: Leanne Bond and Emma Bee
- Events Co-ordinator: Adele Rafton
- Prize Draw Co-ordinator: Amanda Hurst
The Aims of the Friends of Mercenfeld are:
- Meet on a regular basis, usually once a term.
- Listen to our members.
- Keep our members informed of the financial position of the association.
- Issue regular newsletters.
- Organise fund raising events.
- Allocate annually a predetermined amount towards “Classroom Enrichement”
- Take action on concerns/issues or direct them to the relevant body as appropriate e.g. School Governors, LEA.
If you would like to leave feedback you can email us, our address is firstname.lastname@example.org